Welcome to the GrillEye®. The GrillEye® (the “Product”) refers collectively to GrillEye.com (the “Website”), all related mobile apps (the "Apps") and other assets (e.g. widgets, tools, apps, data, software, APIs etc. - the “Assets”) provided by G&C ltd (“G&C”, “we” “our”, “us”).
- Our principles with respect to your information and your privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- Your choices with respect to your information
- How to contact us regarding privacy issues
We have a pretty simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarized as follows:
You should know exactly what we do with your information
You should have full control over your information
We’ve designed the Product to allow you not to share any information with us. You can take full advantage of this design and make sure you only share what you want to share.
G&C (and consequently the Product) abides by the California AG’s interpretation of CalOPPA, the European Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), the European ePrivacy directive (2002/58/EC, as revised by 2009/136/EC) and the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as well as the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Economic Area, and Switzerland.
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website. However, certain services do require that you register and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register to our newsletter you will need to provide your email address.
- Non-essential information: Your name if you wish to provide it during newsletter registration.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email (through the App or directly), or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Product, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes but is not limited to:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Product (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Product)
- the specific actions that you take on the Product, including the pages that you visit, or the files that you download, review or comments you may post, or searches you perform
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Product
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Product, for example, whether you are accessing the Product from a tablet or a smartphone and its device-ID
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Product:
- To operate and maintain the Product, and to provide you with information about the Website, the Apps and any Assets, relevant to your interests.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyse the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support. Your device-IDs are used to troubleshoot technical issues you may report to us in order to optimise our technical support services.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- If you purchase/return the Product directly from and to G&C, your name, address and bank account information potentially provided will be used to process your transaction outside the Product using secure means.
- Your email address will be used to send you updates and notifications regarding the Product, and (if you have elected to receive them), newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications.
Improving and customizing the Product and advertising:
- To analyze the use of the Product, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Assets, in order to improve the GrillEye® and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Product and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
Sharing of your information
- With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service providers: We use certain reputable third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the European Economic Area, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Product. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal data to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Product in order to create statistical information regarding the Product and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Product.
- AIn the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of G&C, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
Choice and control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to use the Product, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your use (as described above).
Customizing the Product and personalized ads
We may also use third party services using cookies or similar technologies showing you personalized ads on our behalf. Please see our Cookies Policy for how to opt-out of those.
Please be aware that even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you may still see ads, which likely are not as appealing to you.
Information on how to block or disable cookies is included in our Cookies Policy. Further information is available at http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
You can use the settings within your iOS device or within the Android app to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting.
If you wish to delete any data we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any personal data that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com, or the address provided below.
If you ask us to delete your data, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
International data transfers
G&C ltd, 16 Trapezountos Avenue, 14565 – Agios Stefanos, Hellas
Attention: Legal Division
Don’t want to give us your information?